Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Solution to Economic Melt Down: A Nuclear Holocaust

Had Gautam Buddha been alive bodily in modern day world he would have been tremendously successful in propagating his ideas. The plummeting indices have left many bankrupt and the air of despair which has started to prevail is all due to the very "desire" of we humans. The human "desire" according to Buddha is the root cause of all of their sufferings. And what is this desire for? Money... Popularity... Success...Pleasure. Well, it may vary across the spectrum of human personalities but statisticians would definitely agree with me that among all the drivers of this human "desire" , the desire for money or wealth has the highest mode. I know I am not an Economics veteran but my basic knowledge about the subject permits me to write that the money which we see today is nothing but a manifestation of gold which was the medium of trade of yesteryears. The question now arises why did our forefathers choose GOLD as a medium of trade then. Was it because it was lustrous and hence attractive for people to readily exchange their goods and services for. Or is it because it was scantily available? Or because of both? If I go by my instinct and assume the same for my fellow humans then possibly yes, the first logic would be the reason because there are a million other things which are also rarely available. Now, the question boils down to "Why do we have such an instinct then?" As far as my knowledge goes human instincts are a function of their genetic structure. The character of humans are thus defined by the types of genes present in their chromosomes.
Now, lets take a hypothetical case. I know I would be killed for even letting this thought come to my mind but I cant find any other choice. Let us suppose that there is a nuclear holocaust on the earth and unlike the one which happened in Japan, it affects each and every organism on the planet. I can now very well imagine the filth emanating from the reader's heart! My sincere apologies but I am not such a misanthropist as you are thinking. This time no one gets killed, the only effect it leaves is that it mutates those genes of the human chromosomes which are responsible for humans' lust for material like gold. Happy now! But wait ! It has laid one more effect and that is now the man has developed a desire for earth or sand whatever you call it (please don't get confused with land). Now, humans want to possess more and more of earth/sand and this has become the medium of trade. As there is tonnes of earth for humans to possess so the chances of development of competition among them for acquiring the same would be lower. Subsequently, the valuation of earth wont really change over centuries together and hence there would be no Economic melt down in future. 

No comments: